March 03, 2012

DIY 5 Minute Rainbow Fondue

I was sorting through my pantry the other day when I came across my little container of goodness that I saw expired in less than a week. This container of goodness was none other than my favorite Pillsbury Funfetti Frosting.



I could have thrown it away and added it to my grocery list, but I decided against it because wasting isn't cool. I didn't have enough cupcake batter to make a few cupcakes, so I experimented a little and came up with this delicious-yet-simple idea: Funfetti Fondue!

Even the name sounds gourmet.


-1 cup chocolate frosting (or 16 oz. can)
-1 teaspoon milk (optional)
-Rainbow sprinkles (optional)


1) Melt frosting in a medium saucepan over low heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding milk along the way.
Pour the fondue into a heatproof bowl and serve immediately. You're done!


That was simple, wasn't it? Personally, strawberries dipped in fondue are my favorite, but you can also try bananas, marshmallows, and graham crackers! Happy baking!